In 1886, a blacksmith decided to begin improving the farriers’ tools available at that time. George B. DeArment spent the cold northwestern Pennsylvania winters hand-forging tools in a small two-story factory in Evansburg, PA, now called Conneaut Lake. When warmer weather arrived in the spring, he would load his wagon with all the tools he had forged and travel from town to town selling his wares until the wagon was empty. Then he would sell the horse and wagon, and catch a train back to Evansburg to begin the process again.
Thus began an American hand tool legacy.