A Closer Look At The Snagger Tool:
1. The tungsten carbide tip is perfect for breaking tempered glass, quickly and without effort.
2. This small groove is designed to grip the tabs on any size of firehose coupling. This groove makes the Snagger Tool the perfect hose wrench, with its single size being perfect for all couplings. It will also fit the valve stem on an O2 cylinder in a pinch.
3. Then Snagger Tool is “Hard-Coat” anodized giving it a more durable, non-conductive and scratch resistant finish. The grooved grip gives a more comfortable and universal grip for hands of all sizes. The peaks of the groves also dig into the charged firehose for better grip.
4. This side of the tool is meant for gripping 38mm (1 3/4”) hoseline as well as various sizes of forestry line. When charged line is “snagged” by this tool the hand is automatically turned 90 degrees from its normal position on a fire hose giving the firefighter improved posture, more strength, less fatigue and a much safer position in relation to the fire and the hoseline.
5. This side is meant for 65mm (2 ½”) hose line performing the same functions as listed in number 4.
6. The groove here is to allow the Snagger to grip the tabs on Stortz couplings and larger diameter couplings.
7. The hardened wedge tip is for penetrating drywall or wall board. It will also go through a standard windshield and can be used to cut the windshield away rapidly. This cutting of a windshield will leave pitting in the tool, though, so only use it in an emergency.